Zoom Login Info
Meeting ID: 971 561 5991
Call to Discipleship training
On the week of July 2-3, 2016 our shepherd, Fr Bryan Zielenieski, asked us to consider the question:
“Come follow me” ... Do we?
Disciple: Those who have accepted Jesus’ mission to follow him. The Sacraments of Initiation; Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist initiate an individual into relationship with Jesus Christ and ground the common vocation of all of Jesus’ disciples. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1533)
A Disciple’s Purpose: Is to live their life as a vocation to holiness and to the mission of evangelizing the world. (CCC 1533) “The disciple of Christ must not only keep the faith and live on it, but also profess it, confidently bear witness to it, and spread it” (CCC, 1816).
What Does Scripture Say About Disciples?
· A Disciple must love Jesus even more than his immediate family. (Luke 14:26)
· A Disciple requires self-denial, complete dedication, willing obedience, and total commitment – even unto death (Luke 14:27)
· A Disciple surrenders everything for Jesus. (Luke 14:33)
· A Disciple remains true to Jesus’ words and teachings. (John 8:31)
· A Disciple loves others as Jesus has loved him. (John 13:34-35)
Virtus training for catechists and those involved with youth.